Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mary Stansfield

As a part of our ongoing efforts to improve the Commission for Women, appointed members were surveyed in order to determine some of the motivating factors of members' involvement, as well as the factors contributing to persistence in the CFW. Here are Mary Stansfield's responses.



What motivated you to join the CFW?
I joined the CFW as a tool for networking, to broaden my focus and interaction with women's issues, which are a huge concern to and for me, and to attempt to make some kind of change for women in today's society.

What do you enjoy most about the CFW?
I enjoy meeting all the women from across campus and at the branch campuses. I enjoy learning about all the issues we as women face and how we are approaching those concerns and the ways that we are making a difference. I enjoy meeting the different speakers that attend our meetings, as they offer so much information that otherwise many of us would not know, thus allowing me to share some of that information for communication purposes.

Which of the CFW's goals are you most passionate about and would like to take a more active role in?
The committee I have been on. I started with wages and equity, but that has changed now to the Advancement Subcommittee.

Additional Thoughts?
I think we need to engage undergraduate women more effectively since they will be entering the workforce and facing many of the issues that women at the University face.

Mary Stansfield is a Ph.D. Candidate in Tourism Management and a member of the CFW Mentoring Committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment